Most marijuana businesses have been so busy with licensing, and running their businesses that they are neglecting their most important marketing tool. Their website! Websites are the only online marketing tool that marijuana businesses have 100%control over. It is crucial to make a good first impression with your website design.
- Make sure your website has a responsive design. This ensures that your website will display correctly on all devices (computer screens, and smartphones). Google is now punishing websites that are not responsive. 66 percent of marijuana local search is on smart phones. Don’t miss out by not having a responsive website design.
- Website templates still need a professional touch. It takes a skilled designer to make a WordPress template look unique. Make sure you hire a professional marijuana website design firm to give your website a one-of-a-kind look and feel. The better your site looks the more ROI it will produce.
- Don’t use SquareSpace, or Wix to set up your website. These low cost options look awful, and you will look like one-of-a-million similar websites. Spend the money and be one-in-a-million (unique look). Low cost templates also lack advanced search engine optimization (SEO) features. Putting up a cheap website sends the wrong message to your potential customers.
- Make sure your site is VISUAL, clean, and professional looking. Most existing marijuana websites look like the business owner’s cousin designed them. Most other industries have had large, visual, and creative designs for years. Your design should pop, and feature lots of visual content.
- Professional photography and video are essential. There are many negative stereotypes about the cannabis industry. Videos increase customer trust and product understanding by up to 80 percent. Make sure you have high quality photos, and video on your website. High quality photos should be used throughout your site.
- Make sure your website content answers key customer questions. Many people who visit your business do not know much about the marijuana industry. Make sure you have useful information on your website. Limit text on your most visited website pages to 100-200 words.
- Make sure your website has a blog. Google is placing a huge emphasis on fresh, original, and useful website content. Blogging 2-4 times a month keeps Google’s spiders coming back to your website more often, and it helps your website rank higher in search engines. Google also indexes blog posts very quickly. That brings you more attention and potential business. Write about the industry, answer questions that you get at your business location, etc. Don’t just post special offers.
Conclusion: A good marijuana website design is your best marketing asset. Lots of website traffic means nothing if your website design sucks. Before you focus on social media, and other advertising options, make sure your website design is original, clean, and pleasing to the eye. More information on responsive website designs.
About Digital 303- We are located in Denver, Colorado and our team has over 15 years of experience in custom website design, Internet marketing, SEO, social media marketing, content writing, and custom photography and video creation. We have worked with clients in all 50 states and specialize in marijuana business marketing. Call 800-420-9694 for more information.